A Bit Of An Explanation

I am not a professional. Not anywhere near it. But I like to think that some little observations I have about language and the social construction of it are worthwhile.

Some of these notes were originally written for acquaintances with no linguistic experience whatsoever, so please be patient through the explanations of basic concepts, and the simplistic tone.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Game Time Wednesday: Greek or Latin?

It should come as no surprise that I love Latin roots, though I've grown just a little tired of teachers constantly trying to explain them to the class as though we didn't learn where lots of our words come from already.

I must admit, though, sometimes I tend to blur my Greek and Latin. Sure, sometimes they're rather obvious - I'm never going to confuse mono- and un-. But I can often forget which one a root belongs to, and along comes this game to help remind you (and me) of some!

No comments:

Post a Comment