A Bit Of An Explanation

I am not a professional. Not anywhere near it. But I like to think that some little observations I have about language and the social construction of it are worthwhile.

Some of these notes were originally written for acquaintances with no linguistic experience whatsoever, so please be patient through the explanations of basic concepts, and the simplistic tone.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Songs In Languages I Don't Speak - Round 12: Eijő

(I actually have a genuine reason for skipping Sunday. Blogger wasn't working on my computer, so I couldn't log in.)

L.I.D.S.: Livonian!


This is that Estonian band I mentioned earlier. I love everything about this song, not only the beautiful language. I know the title means "Lullaby", but beyond that I can't understand much. But of course, when has that ever deterred me?

No comments:

Post a Comment