A Bit Of An Explanation

I am not a professional. Not anywhere near it. But I like to think that some little observations I have about language and the social construction of it are worthwhile.

Some of these notes were originally written for acquaintances with no linguistic experience whatsoever, so please be patient through the explanations of basic concepts, and the simplistic tone.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Songs In Languages I Don't Speak - Round 10: Lama Bada Yatathanna

(Damn, a day late again! I'm sorry - I plead being incredibly busy yesterday.)

L.I.D.S.: Arabic!


I apologize if I got the transliteration wrong. I'm goin' off YouTube, here.

This song is certainly pleasant, and Lena Chamamyan has a very nice voice. That being said, Arabic is definitely not high up on my list of favorite languages, if only because of its mass popularity (not in America, but you could probably guess that) and the fact that I'm really picky about scripts.

No comments:

Post a Comment