A Bit Of An Explanation

I am not a professional. Not anywhere near it. But I like to think that some little observations I have about language and the social construction of it are worthwhile.

Some of these notes were originally written for acquaintances with no linguistic experience whatsoever, so please be patient through the explanations of basic concepts, and the simplistic tone.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

My Favorite Language-Learning Website

A while ago, while looking for materials on learning Polish, I found the amazing website I Kinda Like Languages.  It's not a thorough course for any one language - instead, it's a ton of introductory courses for many different languages, each designed for the complete beginner. There are also some more thorough course for about three languages.

What I love most about these courses is that each one gives you a good idea of what the language is like. You can decide whether you would want to further learn this language after you finish the courses. Heck, this is how I fell in love with Lithuanian. And the best part? You can make your own courses! Simply register, there's a guide on how to format lessons (it's very simple), and you can help teach a language.

The site needs some more support - go give it!

No comments:

Post a Comment