A Bit Of An Explanation

I am not a professional. Not anywhere near it. But I like to think that some little observations I have about language and the social construction of it are worthwhile.

Some of these notes were originally written for acquaintances with no linguistic experience whatsoever, so please be patient through the explanations of basic concepts, and the simplistic tone.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Songs In Languages I Don't Speak - Round 15: Pidä Kädestä

L.I.D.S.: Finnish!


Everyone loves to poke fun at the fact that pop music was what really kickstarted my curiosity about Finnish. But what better way was there? Songs like this one intrigued me - already lovely music was complimented by this completely foreign but even more lovely language, and I just kept thinking, "I need to know more about this."

No comments:

Post a Comment