A Bit Of An Explanation

I am not a professional. Not anywhere near it. But I like to think that some little observations I have about language and the social construction of it are worthwhile.

Some of these notes were originally written for acquaintances with no linguistic experience whatsoever, so please be patient through the explanations of basic concepts, and the simplistic tone.

Friday, September 2, 2011

Linguistics Word Cloud

As promised, a general linguistics word cloud. In the shape of a duck because, well, DUCKS:

(Click for full size.)
Obviously, I had a lot to choose from. I just tried to get words from lots of linguistic areas. For the families, I was limited to only one word (no hyphens), which narrowed my choices a little, but I tried to go all over the globe.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment